New at Onna
New Courses in OnnAcademy
We are excited to announce a new catalog of courses in our self-serve training platform, OnnAcademy. This month we have added a new ‘Connectors Learning Content’ catalog which includes eight new courses covering how to connect and collect from our Confluence, Jira, Microsoft OneDrive Enterprise, Microsoft Outlook Enterprise, Microsoft Teams Enterprise, Slack Enterprise, Zendesk, and Zoom connectors.
Each course includes a video tutorial, important features and requirements documentation, and links to additional helpful resources, making it a one stop shop for enablement related to these connectors.
Be sure to check out these courses if you’re new to setting up source syncs for your organization or if you’d like to use a new connector to get additional data into your Onna site. And…if you haven’t already, head on over to OnnAcademy and create your account to access comprehensive, on-demand training covering every feature in Onna.
Relativity Short Message Format (RSMF) in Exports
At Onna we know that time equals money and that one way we can help you find even more value in Onna is to add features that make your eDiscovery workflow more efficient. That’s why we’re excited to announce that we have added Relativity Short Message Format (RSMF) to our export options. Now, in addition to our advanced export or metadata export options, you’ll also have an RSMF export option which will export your data in a format to be received by your Relativity review platform–saving you time. Learn more about the new Relativity Short Message Format option in your export configuration workflow.
- It is now possible to share export templates with other Onna users in your organization, allowing your team to improve the efficiency of your eDiscovery workflow. In addition, when a template has been shared, the recipient will be notified via email.
- We have made performance enhancements to our export processes that will improve the speed of your exports.
Updated User Guides
Connecting and Collecting
- Google Workspace: How to Connect and Collect
- Microsoft Outlook Enterprise: How to Connect and Collect
- Slack Enterprise: How to Collect and Connect
- How to Add and Manage Folders in Onna
- How to Upload and Manage Files in Onna
- How to Renew Expired Credentials
- How to Mirror Slack Enterprise Retention Policies in Onna
- How to Configure and Download an Export
- How to Create and Manage Export Templates
- How to Export a Saved Search
- How to Export a Basic Search
- How to Export an Advanced Search
- How to Export an Entire Workspace or Source
- The issue preventing sync and re-start the sync a Jira instance has been resolved.
- The issue where Zoom file details were not displaying correctly has been resolved.
- The issue where Zendesk sources were showing as created while still pending has been resolved.
- The issue where users are unable to switch between accounts when creating a new Dropbox Business source has been resolved.
- The issue causing some exports with children (or very few children) to fail to create new volumes while processing parents leading to extremely large volumes has been resolved.
- When the recipient list for an email exceeds the maximum allowed size, the list will be truncated and you will receive a processing exception. Learn more about processing exceptions.
- The issue where the creation date filter was not working when being applied to basic search results has been resolved and the filter is now working as intended.
- The issue where saved filter configurations were not displaying in the search results view has been resolved.
- The issue where CC level filters were not being applied to search results has been resolved.
- The issue where default filters were not visible for new workspaces upon their creation has been resolved.
- The issue where search results counts were not matching in the search results view has been resolved.
- The issue causing search results to take longer to appear has been resolved.
- The issue causing delays when pulling up a saved advanced search has been resolved.
Syncing & Preservations
- The issue where custodians were not found to select for IPP due to mixed letter casing in their email address has been resolved and users with mixed casing are now found and able to be selected for IPP.