As a Onna user, you can be a member of several sites. This section explains how to move through your sites.
When someone adds you as a member of a site, you receive an email notification. Open the Join now link in the invitation email and, depending on whether you already have an Onna user account, go through the sign in or sign up process.
When you’re a member of more than one site, you can see the sites you’re a member of from your avatar. This also gives you a shortcut to visit those sites.
To navigate to another site:
1. Select your avatar, then select the site you want to navigate to.
The context menu shows the current site and the last visited one. By clicking More sites…, you can see the list of all the sites you’re a member of.
2. Sign in to the destination site using your credentials.
You’re now signed in to the new site. If you want to visit another site, repeat the steps in this tutorial.
Update site name
The name assigned to the site determine how you and other user see it in Onna. When you update the name, all the site members will see the new name:
- If you’re a site manager, it's shown in the Site manager app
- If you’re a standard member of the site, it's shown in the list of sites available for you to visit
Only site admins can change the site name. If you’re not an admin and you want to update yours, contact your site admin. For further information, see Roles and permissions.
The name can only be changed when your site was created by a site manager. If our team created your site, its name is automatically taken from the last part of the site’s URL. For information on the other fields in this section, see Admin preferences.
To change a site’s name:
1. Navigate to the site, then go to the Admin preferences section.
2. In the ACCOUNT tab, expand the Site settings section.
3. Update the Site name field, then select Save.
All site users will now see the updated name when using Onna.